- Throughout 2014, worked with a market-leading institution in Southern Europe to create a ground-breaking bank-wide rewards programme.
- A major assignment in 2012/2013 was working with a global financial institution to take to the next level its leading position in debit card in a strategically important European market. This involved working with issuers, acquirers, processors and merchants to develop a coherent and compelling short and medium term strategy, now being implemented.
- In 2010, worked with leading UK utility to re-launch customer loyalty initiatives in two distinct sectors, and to audit and re-shape sales and marketing strategy and operations for a major subsidiary.
- During 2009, engaged by large Gulf area bank to create and implement new consumer rewards programme.
- In 2008, worked with Royal Bank of Scotland Group to terminate the NatWest and Coutts Bank Airmiles programme, developing and launching the ground-breaking YourPoints concept to replace it. For Ulster Bank, also part of RBSG, rolled the programme out in both Irish jurisdictions, comfortably exceeding management targets for portfolio performance improvement.
- For Argos and Home Retail Group, worked to develop their existing rewards platform to reach a wider B2B audience.
- An innovative major engagement for European bank's Corporate and Consumer Card Division, focusing on strategic product planning review, account acquisition, retention, and portfolio management.
- Three years retainer as marketing consultant for MasterCard International, including nine months based in New York, undertaking consumer credit card acquisition and retention programmes for members worldwide.
- For major international airline, structured and participated in review process for co-brand card partners, making final, approved recommendation on selected candidate to senior management.
- Commercial Products development projects for MasterCard, including Small Business Card, Corporate Card and Fleet Card.
- Audit of banking products loyalty programme for leading Middle East bank, and recommendations for redesign to improve effectiveness and profitability.
- Worked on-site with major North American bank to develop coalition loyalty programme, including product definition, consumer value proposition, and financial and market modelling for both the bank and its programme partners.
- For leading airline alliance, provided detailed review of proposed changes to established frequent flyer programme, together with recommendations for future development.
- Air Miles UK
- News International
Articles and white papers
The world of rewards is changing…
The banker's dilemma
Bricks? Clicks? Both? What's the best route for retail banking?
Keep calm and carry on
Is the worst over for British Banks?